Sunday, September 18, 2011

Make-A-Wish...A Picture is Worth A Thousand Words: By Parker

Limo arrives to drive us to meet Ben Zobrist

Stop at Subway to pick up food for our lunch with Zobrist




Dad and Mom in back of limo

Getting interviewed by the press






Giving Ben Zobrist some gifts for him and his kids

He thanks me for the gifts



Ben gave me some autographed baseball cards



Time to have some fun...Ben asked me to play catch

Ben and I playing catch




Ben and the family


As they stretched for the game they watched college football.


Longo autographes for us


Before game stretch


Time to answer some questions for the paper


Look at Zorilla on the wall


Answering some pre-game questions with Joe Madden


Dad and Kotchman


Logan and Upton


Upton and Zobrist laughing at our funny remarks


Johnny Damon signs my mini bat that Sadie gave me


Kotchman likes my number


John Jaso signs some stuff


Ben gave me his jersey and autographed it for me


Batting practice


Desmond Jennings didn't realize I had a lot for him to sign


Kelly Shoppach is very nice




Watching batting practice



Dad takes a picture of us and David Price



Mom poses for a picture with her new hat


Ben Zobrist hands


Ben Zorist signed my custom hat


Ben Zobrist feet

Don CeSar Sous Chef Jeremy Anderson


The pastry chef made me "the reveal desert"

We sat at the special table in the pastry kitchen


She made me an edible turtle, but I didn't eat it

The Don CeSar chefs gave me a shirt and cookbook

Thank you Make-A-Wish!!!!
  

Mom and Logan after Don CeSar tour






5 comments:

  1. Parker- I sooo enjoyed this blog about your Make-A-Wish. I could just hear your voice behind every picture. Looks like an amazing day! Hope you were able to fully enjoy this memory for a lifetime without Mr. Aurthur disturbing you too much! Thanks for sharing! There is nobody who deserves it more than YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parker- I am so, so thrilled that you had this amazing opportunity! You deserve this more than anyone that I know. I hope that it truly was a magical weekend, the best ever!!! I hope that you're feeling better... at least a little? I pray for you all every day and night. You are an awesome little warrior!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! that looks like one awesome weekend!! one that will be remembered forever....so happy you were able to do this...we love you!
    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Parket this is the coolest blog I have seen! Love the pix! What are Ben Zorbrist feet? Did he give you his shoes?! :) love the chef photos and the cake they made you! Looks like the best day ever. Im so glad you got to share it with your family! Hugs to you... Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Parker thank you so much for sharing this experience with us through photos! Like Heidi said, I could hear your voice telling the story. What an amazing day. BTW, when did Johnny Damon start playing for the Rays?? Where have I been??

    ReplyDelete